Exclusive Features of Assisted Living Apartments and Neighborhood
- Kitchenette in each apartment, (includes microwave & refrigerator with ice maker)
- Full Bathrooms (includes shower with seat, grab bars, removable hand held shower head)
- Home Style Kitchen Available for use
- Lovely, Dining Areas & Terrace overlooking view of Cooper Creek
- Recreational Patio Areas
- Activities of Daily Living Assistance available
(See floor plan options)
- Comfortable lounging areas
- Private Dining and Entertainment areas
- Access to Beauty Salon on premises
- Trained staff to enhance quality of life, independence & security
- Lovely, dining areas & terrace overlooking view of Cooper Creek
- Individual 26 cubic foot storage unit
- Luxurious Freedom Bath
- Parking available
- Located near Mercy Medical Center
- Space available for family diners, parties and gatherings.
- Included in monthly fee
- Cable TV
- Scheduled Transportation
- All Utilities paid except telephone
- Maintenance on Amenities
- Hospitality Options
- Emergency Call System
- Other Services available based on level of care and your individual needs
- 3 meals with guest meals and snacks
- Staff is available 24/7 onsite
Posted in Amenities and Features, Assisted Living Apartment
Tagged amenities, apartment, assisted living, assisted living apartment, assisted living services, Continental at St. Joseph, elderly care, features, Iowa, living at home, long term care, memory care, resident apartment, retirement community, Senior care, senior citizen housing, senior housing, senior living
Some tenants pay cash for Assisted Living services.
Long Term Care Insurance
The Continental at t. Joseph’s in Iowa meets the requirements by Insurance companies to accept Long Term Care insurance. . Often tenants have Long Term Insurance that pays the majority of the Assisted Living costs and the tenant or family pay the balance. The nurse from the insurance company will evaluate the policy holder and make the determination that the tenant requires nursing services. Tenants who need assistance with bathing, dressing, medications, memory gaps, and medical monitoring usually meet the requirements of insurance companies.
Veterans Affairs “Aide and Attendance”
Veterans or spouses of deceased veterans may qualify for as much as $1400 per month to pay for Assisted Living expenses. The applicant cannot have more than $80,000 in cash assets and must have a doctor’s statement verifying that the tenant needs Assisted Living services. Applications can be obtained from the Veterans Affairs office located in the lower level of The Continental at St. Joseph’s. The Veterans Affairs office is open in the mornings Monday through Thursday. Veterans Affairs phone number is 856-6597.
Shared Two Bedroom Option
Individuals with limited monthly incomes may opt to share a two bedroom apartment in order to meet the financial requirements of living at The Continental at St. Joseph’s. Each bedroom has a bathroom, closet, individual temperature control, and cable hook up. In a two bedroom share options, tenants share the apartment living room. Prospects may qualify for Elderly Waiver funds to help pay for their half of the rent.
Individuals and families are encouraged to talk to Pat McAfee or Tara Koestner about alternative financial arrangements.
Posted in Family Resources
Tagged apartment, assisted living, assisted living cost, assisted living expenses, assisted living in Iowa, assisted living services, Continental at St. Joseph, elderly care, elderly waiver funds, Iowa, living at home, long term care, long term care insurance, memory care, resident apartment, retirement community, Senior care, senior citizen housing, senior citizens, senior housing, senior living, seniors, two bedroom apartment, veterans, veterans affairs, veterans affairs office